GOLF AND LIFE SKILLS COACH (YOUTH)
First Tee - North Florida
Be a Game Changer. Become a Coach With Us!
We are looking for Golf and Life Skills Coaches – Golf Experience helpful, but not required. If you’re an enthusiastic and caring individual who wants to serve as a positive mentor and role model to kids and teens, let’s talk! Our coaches’ ability to develop impactful relationships with our participants is the backbone of our program – and, we’ll provide all the training that you’ll need. In return, you’ll have fun and gain a sense of “making a difference” in kids’ lives through a national organization dedicated building character in today’s youth.
SUMMARY: Our Golf and Life Skills Coaches teach First Tee’s Life Skills Curriculum to kids and teens, ages 5-17 at green grass facilities and golf locations throughout Northeast Florida. Classes are taught in a fun and interactive way, through hands-on golf instruction, games, golf activities and mentoring in age-based small group settings. Our classes (60-minutes or 90-minutes) meet weekly in multi-week sessions throughout the year in the evenings and Saturdays. We also conduct tournaments on Saturdays.
SCHEDULES AND COMPENSATION: Coach schedules are flexible, with coach hours ranging between 5-30 hours per week, depending on coach availability. Pay is $15 per hour, which includes course set-up, class instruction, and clean-up. Coaches are paid for attending required training sessions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote and model First Tee Core Values and Key Commitments; positively convey the First Tee brand image to the public
- Provide a high-quality, safe, fun and engaging learning experience for teaching golf fundamentals and life skills concepts
- Become proficient in the delivery of First Tee age-based programming curriculum
- Begin and end scheduled lessons on time; maintain consistent and regular attendance; and follow lesson plans for golf fundamentals, rules, etiquette
- Maintain and organize all equipment and storage areas
- Conduct participant skill reviews/assessments
- Communicate with parents regarding schedules and events
- Motivate and inspire youth
- Show initiative, collaborate and communicate efficiently with staff, coaches, parents, volunteers and facility personnel
- Accurately record work time on mobile app payroll platform
- Commit to coaching for the duration of each multi-week class session and for each class, including set up and takedown
- Must be able to work assigned evenings and/or Saturdays
- Willing to cover absences of other coaches for vacation, illness, or personal leave
- Knowledge of golf technique, rules and etiquette helpful, but not required; must be willing to learn
- Must have reliable transportation to attend scheduled class locations and coach trainings
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must submit to background check; employment is subject to background check
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs., stand on feet for duration of class set-up, takedown and class time, and be able to work in variable outdoor conditions
- Must complete SafeSport training and Assistant Coach Training
HOW TO APPLY:
Send resume by email to Kyle Zugelter, Program Manager: email@example.com